The Trusted Voice for Veterans.
Provide opportunities and resources for our veteran community through advocacy, collaboration and partnerships.
Respect. Compassion. Integrity. Teamwork. Excellence.
• Conducts outreach to veterans and provides training and oversight to the 88 CVSOs.
• Coordinates programs and operations with the VA, which provides benefits to Ohio veterans.
• Works with the Ohio General Assembly and Congressional representatives to craft legislation in support of veterans and their families at the state and federal levels.
• Communicates and coordinates with other state agencies concerning veterans’ programs and support to veterans.
• Administers the Ohio Veterans Bonus for veterans of the Persian Gulf War era and post-9/11 era conflicts, a program which is funded by bonds approved by Ohio voters.
• Operates the Ohio Veterans Homes in Sandusky and Georgetown which are open to Ohio-resident veterans who served in periods of armed conflicts.
• Manages two federal education-related programs: Troops to Teachers and the State Approving Agency.
• Hosts several veterans’ ceremonies each year including the Governor’s Wreath-Laying Ceremony for Ohio's killed in action and the Ohio Veterans Hall of Fame induction ceremony.
• Maintains custodianship of over 1.9 million veterans’ records dating back to World War II.