Free camping at Ohio State Parks
- Free camping for Ohio residents who are former prisoners of war or honorably discharged veterans with a permanent and total disability, as determined by the Veterans Administration. Veterans may request a letter confirming their eligibility by calling the VA at 1-800-827-1000.
- Discounts are only available by calling the reservations call center at 1-866-644-6727.
10% discount any night for camping, getaway rentals, cottages and lodge rooms
- The discount may be used for only ONE campsite, getaway rental unit, cottage, or lodge room per visit and must belong to the cardholder using the facility.
- Military or veteran identification must be presented at the time of arrival or check-in to receive the discount.
- To place reservations call 1-866-644-6727, or reserve online by selecting Military Discount in the dropdown and entering Military in the Promo Code box at checkout.
Free license eligibility
- Ohio residents (1) with a veteran's license plate displaying the international wheelchair symbol, (2) who are permanently and totally disabled veterans and receive pension or compensation due to their service-related injuries and/or (3) who are former prisoners of war must apply in writing for a free license or permit. Applications must be certified by the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs.
Free boating registration for eligible veterans
- Eligible Ohio residents include (1) disabled veterans with proof of 100% service-related disability in the form of a letter from the Veterans Affairs Administration stating 100% service-related disability, (2) Congressional Medal of Honor recipients with written documentation on their award and/or (3) former prisoners of war with their record of separation or a letter from one of the branches of the Armed Services stating they were a prisoner of war and were either honorably discharged or are on active duty with one of the branches of the Armed Services of the United States.