Memory Care, which includes Alzheimer’s care and Dementia care, consists of specially designed living spaces and supporting environments for those who are living with cognitive challenges.
The Georgetown and Sandusky homes are designed to provide a safe, secure space where our veterans can thrive and enjoy a good quality of life. Areas of the Memory Care community are set up for safe engagement in activities such as arts and crafts, music therapy, and other activities that provide purposeful and meaningful successful moments.
Residents of both homes have structured activities delivered by staff members trained specifically in caring for those with memory impairment.
- Full dining available for three meals in addition to between-meal snacks
- 7 days a week activity program
- Daily housekeeping and laundry services available
- Scheduled transportation to medical appointments
- Private rooms and semi-private rooms
- Fitness services available
- Family rooms with state of the art televisions
- Military museum onsite
- On-site pharmacy
- On-site treasury
- Wi-Fi and cable
- Barber and beautician services onsite (separate cost to resident)
- 24-hour patient-centered nursing care
- Rehabilitation services (physical, occupational, speech therapy) onsite (additional cost)
- Military burial and cemetery
- Wheelchair repair onsite at no additional cost to veteran
- Social services for psychological comfort
- Medication management
- Dentist and podiatrist onsite (services separately billed to insurance)
- Religious and spiritual care
- Therapeutic and special diets available