The mission of the Ohio Veterans Homes is to provide a safe, healthful home environment for eligible Ohio veterans under the authority of Chapter 5907 of the Ohio Revised Code.
The Ohio Veterans Homes are dedicated to "serving those who served" by providing a safe living environment for residents so they can achieve their highest level of functional ability. Long-term, around-the-clock medical and nursing care is available, together with recreational, social and spiritual services in order to promote the resident's right to experience life to the fullest degree, regardless of age, race, creed, color, sex or income.
As a recipient of federal financial assistance, the Ohio Veterans Homes do not exclude, deny benefits to or otherwise discriminate against any person(s) on the ground of race, color or national origin, or on the basis of disability or age in admission to, participation in or receipt of the services and benefits under any of its programs and activities, whether carried out by the Ohio Veterans Homes directly or through a contractor or through any other entity with which the Ohio Veterans Homes arrange to carry out its programs and its activities.
This statement is in accordance with the provisions of Title VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (as amended), Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (as amended), Sections 503 and 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 (as amended), the Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1975, Executive Order 11246 (as amended), Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment act of 1972 (as amended) and Regulations of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services issued pursuant to these statutes at Title 45 Code of Federal Regulations Parts 80, 84 and 91, as well as with Section 4112 of the Ohio Revised Code of 1959 (as amended).
In case of questions, please contact:
(937) 378-2900 x 2706
Home/Program Access by Persons with Disabilities
The homes and all of their programs and activities are accessible to and useable by persons with disabilities, including persons with impaired hearing and vision. Access features include:
- Off-street parking designated specifically for persons with disabilities
- Curb cuts and ramps between parking areas and buildings
- Level access into first floor level with elevator access to all other floors
- Fully accessible offices, meeting rooms, bathrooms, public waiting areas, recreation areas, dining areas and resident rooms
- A full range of assistive and communication aids provided to persons with impaired hearing, vision, speech or manual skills, without additional charge for such aids
- A portable (TYY/TDD) unit for use by residents/clients who are hearing or speech impaired
- Readers for the blind and large print materials for persons with visual impairments
- Websites, flash cards, alphabet boards and other communication boards
- Assistive devices for persons with impaired manual skills
If you, or someone you are with, require any of the aids listed above, please let any Ohio Veterans Homes employee know.
(The above notice is given in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 and the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 to all individuals seeking to use the services, facilities and programs of the Ohio Veterans Homes.)
Have questions about our policies?