Web Content Viewer
Recreation Discounts
Recreation Discounts

Camping at Ohio State Parks...

Free camping at Ohio State Parks

  • Free camping for Ohio residents who are former prisoners of war or honorably discharged veterans with a permanent and total disability, as determined by the Veterans Administration. Veterans may request a letter confirming their eligibility by calling the VA at (800) 827-1000.
  • Discounts are only available by calling the reservations call center at (866) 644-6727.

10% discount any night for camping, getaway rentals, cottages and lodge rooms

  • The discount may be used for only ONE campsite, getaway rental unit, cottage, or lodge room per visit and must belong to the cardholder using the facility.
  • Military or veteran identification must be presented at the time of arrival or check-in to receive the discount.
  • To place reservations call (866) 644-6727, or reserve online by selecting Military Discount in the dropdown and entering Military in the Promo Code box at checkout.

Hunting and fishing licenses...

Free license eligibility and applications
Ohio residents (1) with a veteran's license plate displaying the international wheelchair symbol, (2) who are permanently and totally disabled veterans and receive pension or compensation due to their service-related injuries and/or (3) who are former prisoners of war must apply in writing for a free license or permit. Applications must be certified by the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs.

Watercraft registration...

Free boating registration for eligible veterans
Eligible Ohio residents include (1) disabled veterans with proof of 100% service-related disability in the form of a letter from the Veterans Affairs Administration stating 100% service-related disability, (2) Congressional Medal of Honor recipients with written documentation on their award and/or (3) former prisoners of war with their record of separation or a letter from one of the branches of the Armed Services stating they were a prisoner of war and were either honorably discharged or are on active duty with one of the branches of the Armed Services of the United States.