The Ohio Veterans Homes is a State of Ohio employer and working here is clearly more than "just a job" — it is a privilege to serve our families, friends and neighbors who rely on us throughout our great state. At the Ohio Veterans Homes, we take pride in "Serving Those Who Served." We are a team of dedicated public servants committed to high performance, innovative thinking and delivering excellent and efficient services for our state's veterans.
We hire a number of different job classifications to include STNAs, LPNs and RNs. STNAs play an important part in our continued success at the Homes. Hourly wages start at $16.33 for the first six months then increase to $16.73. Second- and third-shift employees receive shift differential of an additional $0.60 per hour worked.
Benefits of working at the Ohio Veterans Homes include:
- Extensive health benefits for all full- and part-time permanent employees
- Guaranteed 10 paid state holidays every year
- Free dental & vision coverage after one year of service
- At least a 14-percent employer contribution to your OPERS pension plan
- More than 1,600 job classifications allow ample opportunity for career advancement
- Employee Tuition Reimbursement programs
- Life insurance coverage for all permanent employees
- Up to $350 in annual wellness incentives for employees/spouses enrolled in healthcare